Grandma and Grandpa are usually a special variation on the “person who has everything.” Here are a few things they’ll love. Clockwise, from top left:
1. Clever eyeglasses holder. $18 at Uncommon Goods.
2. “12 Ways You’ve Made a Difference Journal” includes prompts like “The best advice you ever gave me” and “I don’t tell you this enough.” $28 at Uncommon Goods.
3. Vintage-style phone. $60 at Crosley Radio. (Technically outside my price cutoff, but there’s an under-$40 version at Brookstone, and handset plugins are a great choice for grandparents with smartphones.)
4. Heating pad for neck and shoulders. $37 at QVC and elsewhere.
5. Pocket Posh puzzle books. This is the word-search version, which I actually once gave to my grandmother, but there are crosswords, sudoku, and many other variations. $8 at Amazon, and I have also spotted them at Barnes & Noble stores.
6. Gauze floral jacket is both stylish and an easy layer for anyone who has trouble with buttons. $33 at Pearl River.
7. Ken Burns “The National Parks” DVD. $33 at Amazon.
8. Solar radio, for outdoors or power outages. $19 at Edmund Scientifics.
9. Nostalgic candy. $13 at Tiddle E Winks.
10. Center: “Wise Women” book. $8 on Amazon.